5.24.2010

We made it!




We finally made it! 24 hours after leaving home in Michigan, we arived at the Tel Aviv airport. Long day!! I caught a few minutes of sleep while on the plane, but you know how that is... I'm pretty whooped, but trying to force myself to stay awake and get on the local schedule. Taking advantage of a couple minutes of downtime and then off to dinner. It's currently about 5:30pm, so we're 7 hours ahead of Eastern time.

After about a 15 minute car ride from the airport we arived at our first site. This is a Philistine temple that Dr. Mayhew helped excavate back in 1973. Although it's not the exact site where Samson pushed over the pillars, killing himself and the Philistines in Judges 16:23-31, it is the very same style temple. Much smaller than I would have thought. I guess when I think "Temple" I think of a large complex. This room is no more than 25 feet across.

No comments:

Post a Comment